You know your back hurts, but you may not know why, or what to do about it. Find out how doctors diagnose back problems and what tests may be involved.
- How is Back Pain Diagnosed? Before a doctor can begin treating back pain, they may do tests to diagnose what is causing your problem. Learn about theses possible tests and treatments for your pain.
- Choosing a Doctor for Back Pain Get tips on selecting a doctor.
- Questions for Your Doctor About Back Pain Ask your doctor these questions about causes, treatments, and living better with back pain.
- What Kind of Back Problem Do You Have? Find out how doctors diagnose back problems.
- Back Pain Tests Learn what to expect when you see your doctor about back pain.
- Spinal X-Ray Spinal X-rays are pictures of the spine. They may be taken to find injuries or diseases that affect the discs or joints in your spine.